A LOT has changed in the past week or so. We've gone from coffee dates and work out classes to virtual happy hours and making our living rooms a home yoga studio. Social distancing is the name of the game, but when language learning is inherently social, how do you maintain your progress in learning a language while physically distancing from humans? It's tough to do from home without the physical presence of an instructor, classmates and friends. Lucky for you, we got your back! Below are some suggestions for learning Spanish from home.
2. Once you've set up your language learning goals and a loose structure for how to do it, make social media work for you. There are LOTS of people making videos and posting resources for learning Spanish en casa. Check out our blog post about Instagram accounts to follow as a place to start.
Not into Instagram? No problema! There are some great channels on You Tube to check out for easy, fun Spanish input. Some of our favorites are:
- Sarah Breckley Spanish Teacher (for fun adventures in Spanish)
- La Maestra Loca (for stories in Spanish)
- Canal Bien Estar (for yoga and fun healthy tips!)
3. Looking to binge watch some shows while you #quedateencasa? Here are two great lists for movies and shows on Netflix!
- Spanish Netflix shows from Spanish Mama
- Spanish Movies on Netflix from Profe de Ele
4. Rather be reading? Remember that reading is the best way to create an immersive environment for yourself when you cannot physically be in one. Below are some reading resources:
- You can also order your own books from Fluency Matters. They have hundreds of books that you can choose from that can be sent right to your house!
- Reading A-Z has hundreds of leveled readers in Spanish as well! It does require a subscription, but you get the books as a PDF without having to wait on shipping!
As we find out about more resources for continuing your Spanish language adventures at home, we'll share them with you! If you have questions or are in search of specific resources, PLEASE email us at email@example.com and we'll find them for you! We're all in this together! ¡Un ABRAZO VIRTUAL GRANDE!